Today is the last day of fall. What?? Wayyyy back on September 1st, I posted a list of 31 things to make fall more fun and festive. You guys. I checked off five things, five! Whomp, whomp… lol
So much for having a list to inspire me to make the most of the season, huh? But the point wasn’t to do all 31, but to inspire and have an assortment to pick from. I just expected I would have checked off more than five…
I didn’t write a holiday fun list, though I meant to. And now the holidays are pretty much here. They’re thisclose. But maybe I will write a winter fun list to give this whole idea a whirl again…. but before I do that, let’s revisit fall and see what I actually accomplished, shall we?
- Take a nature walk/hike
- Photograph the fall foliage
- Come up with a creative Halloween costume I think it was pretty creative. I was Little Dead Riding Hood. Complete with pale white skin (paler than me on a normal day!), dark hollowed out eyes, and a slashed neck. Creepy… check it out on my Instagram HERE!
- Carve a real pumpkin or decorate a faux one (or both!)
- Watch (and sing and dance to) Michael Jackson’s Thriller video
- Update my wreath for fall
- Make pumpkin smoothies
- Go to the zoo
- Eat an apple cider donut (or two!) I couldn’t find these at my supermarket but my mom did, so I stole one of hers. By the time I ate it it was stale. Oops. But it wasn’t bad lol…
- Visit a farmer’s market
- Go to a craft fair
- Try a new soup recipe
- Make slow-cooker pumpkin chickpea curry
- See (and smell) the farm animals in Lancaster County
- Visit an orchard
- Participate in a 5k
- Watch Harry Potter
- Crochet a new scarf
- Paint pottery
- See a stage production
- Get a dark manicure
- Exercise outside and enjoy the crisp fall air
- Eat a caramel apple I found a pack at the supermarket. This was my first caramel apple. It was pretty good. I ate one of the three.
- Vote, vote, vote! I voted in the mid-term!
- Keep a gratitude jar
- Donate to a food drive
- Make butter beer
- Create my hygge nest This is still a work in progress, but will have a post all about it coming up soon!
- Light spice scented candles
- Have hot cocoa/chai by the fire
- Plan a winter escape to somewhere warm!
I think I will recycle some of these ideas for the Winter Fun List as they are not necessarily fall specific, hehe… stay tuned for that list!