It’s New Year’s Eve. The last day of 2018. No better time to look back and reflect on everything that made up this year, the good and the not so good.
- We had a big January at work. We put in a new printing press and I documented the process on our blog and social media.
- I turned 34 on 1/30. Now I’m one month away from being over the hill of my thirties, wah!
- Got a new iPhone (X) for my birthday, took a lot of selfies in portrait mode
- The Eagles won the Super Bowl, what?? I’m not a football fan, but cmon, Philly!? AND they beat the Patriots, yesss!!!
- The press installation at work was completed. Woo hoo!
- I got into my first (and hopefully last) car accident, boo 🙁
- Washer troubles…
- Got the dryer vent cleaned out (this is a highlight. There was YEAR’S worth of lint, people!)
- Dad was in hospital with an internal bleed
- Mom spent 2 weeks in the hospital with complications of diverticulitis
- My cousin Jeff and his wife Megan welcomed their second son, JJ
- Mom’s birthday on 6/22
- I took a staycation from work, this is a miracle!
- I started this blog!!! Hooray!
- We lost our longtime bookkeeper at work, on August 9, after a 10 year fight with heart problems
- We celebrated the start of our 30th year in business at work
- My cousin Alyssa had her white coat ceremony from PA school! So proud!!
- We showered my cousin Joe’s fiancée Gina at a Gatsby-themed soiree!
- Celebrated the baptism of Jeff and Megan’s boys
- Joe and Gina’s wedding!
- Dad’s birthday on 10/27
- My uncle Chet’s 85th birthday and surprise party
- Dressed up as Little Dead Riding Hood for Halloween
- Took my dad to the ER on Halloween night with a collapsed lung
- Voted in the mid-term elections! Yay Dems, we’re getting there!
- We lost another longtime colleague at work on 11/9, very unexpectedly and tragically
- Went to see Whoopi Goldberg’s show with my mom at the Sands Bethlehem
- Celebrated Thanksgiving at Jeff and Megan’s house
- Lost my best friend’s sister, on 11/24, very unexpectedly
- Mom and Dad’s 47th wedding anniversary on 12/4
- Christmas festivities with family