One of my very first posts (HERE) when I started the blog last year was a list of house projects that I wanted to tackle. The goal was to get as many of these things done before sharing a tour of each space. As I shared each room, I updated the relevant portion of the list, crossing off what was completed, and of course, adding more things to do! Today I’d like to revisit my project list to see what I already accomplished, reevaluate what I added previously and update it for new things I want to do.
Strikethrough // completed task (at time of tour or since then)
Regular type // task still to do from original list
Grayed out type // changed mind and removing from list
Bold green type // new item (from time of tour or recently added)
// Bold black type for comments / explanations of completed, existing, removed or new items
Add a trellis Climbing vine for said trellis Plant hostas// Technically I only relocated my existing hosta, may add another variety this year…
- Plant hydrangea // I love hydrangea, but I am on the fence about this. I am concerned that my front garden won’t be hospitable to their growth… but I may try it anyway.
Add more ground cover// Will be adding more this year.
- Add a small water feature? // I’ve changed my mind on this one, for now…
- Replace light
- Weed, weed and weed some more! // This will be a perennial (see what I did there?) “to do” item.
- Add metal star next to door
- Add shepherd’s hook with hanging flower baskets
- Add stone and mulch
- Add more plants
- Paint window box
Add an outdoor runner/rug on patio Add a table between Adirondack chairs Create a centerpiece for table Add string lights Add hanging plants
- Clean/stain deck // Coming soon!
- Paint and organize shed closet // Didn’t tackle this in the fall, but plan to before summer heats up!
Add a potting bench/station// I repurposed an old table rather than shelling out for a real potting bench. It works! Add throw pillows to the Adirondacks
- Hide the AC unit!
- Replace old pots
- Add an herb garden
- Add metal wall hangings
- Install temporary wallpaper // Considering doing faux brick panel here instead… stay tuned!
- Paint island cabinets
Switch out knobs/pulls on cabinets & drawers Hang globe string lights around window Create an efficient and easy recycle station
- Fill holes and paint window trim
- Touch up ceiling near track light junction box
- Fix/paint drywall on ceiling over fridge
Change up the rug situation, stat!
Make centerpiece installation for table
- Give credenza a facelift with a carved appliqué // May just paint and/or stencil a bone inlay pattern…still TBD!
Add a reading lamp near chair Add a magazine basket under leaf table
Relocate one bookcase (to upstairs office) Flank existing bookcase with two narrow ones Add an armchair and ottoman near sliding doors Add a reading lamp near chair
- Add crown moulding
Swap out current flowers for a sunflower to amp up the pop of yellow
- Style cabinet at bottom of the stairs
Add a catchall basket on stairs
- Add more wall hangings
- Paint handrails
- Change handrail brackets
- Add a gallery wall up the stairs
- Paint wood strip on the floor in front of washer
Hang carved mirrors over dresser Hang hats Hang “It’s not what you look at…” print
- Replace ceiling fan
- Add a shoe basket
- Paint accent wall behind bed
- Remove chair rail and repair wall
- Paint walls white
- Add floating shelves
- Paint vanity cabinets
- Replace faucets
- Replace medicine cabinet
- Replace shower curtain rod
- Add “Get naked” tub decal
Add bath station cart
Gotta save up to do the big stuff like:
- New floor
- New shower tile
- New shower fixtures
OFFICE / STUDIO
- Go through everything and purge // Another perennial “to do”
Install relocated bookcase Invest in a small-ish (haha) LoveSac
- Replace ceiling fan
Create an outfit planning station w/ OOTD photo backdrop// Done, but this is is still a work in progress. Clean/hang and style wire shelves over sewing table Hang diploma
- Create “Work Hard and Be Nice” To People wall hanging
- Install flip up table top under window for natural light photo shoots
- Paint base of sewing table
- Add mosaic mirror installation
Finish wall mural! Replace sad plant situation Hang poster
- COAT CLOSET
Declutter and reorganize
- UTILITY CLOSET
- Create a map/legend for shelving
- Add a coat of white paint
- New peel and stick floor tiles
- UPSTAIRS HALL CLOSET
- Paint cabinets
- Organize // And yet another perennial “to do”
- Paint IVAR units
- Line shelves with marble contact paper
- Paint the walls
- Add plywood walkways to improve access
Wow, I’m overwhelmed already! First up are Curb Appeal and the Patio/Deck/Shed, and then the Attic! Stay tuned for the reveals!